Mushroom Crostini with Cream Cheese
Bruschetta has to be my favorite kind of antipasti! Its easy to make with simple flavors and when made with fresh ingredients – is probably one of the best things that you can put in your mouth.
Its my love for the bread and mushrooms that come together to form this recipe. I used a few different kinds of mushrooms in this recipe but it can totally be done with the regular button mushrooms or baby bella. However using different kind of mushrooms gives a good variation in the flavors. I sauteed the mushrooms with some olive oil, salt & pepper. You can add some herbs in the mushrooms if you like but I wanted to keep the flavors rather simple while sauteing the mushrooms as this recipe gets a lot of flavor from the balsamic drizzle.
Use a crusty bread for this recipe or a baguette slightly toasted. Its a simple recipe that can be put together fairly quickly without any preparations – as long as you have the ingredients in you fridge. You can make this recipe vegan by skipping the cream cheese or substituting it by a vegan spread and by replacing the honey with agave.
serving about 5 to 6 crostini
cooking time 30 minutes
Things you will need:
4 cups a mixed variety of mushrooms
2 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp honey
salt & pepper
plain cream cheese to smear
a crusty baguette – sliced
a few chives for garnish
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large pan. Add garlic and saute for a few seconds – till it starts releasing a nice aroma.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and stir till the slices are coated with oil evenly. Let the mushrooms cook (stirring occasionally, uncovered) till all the water evaporates and they start browning.
- While the mushrooms cook, in a small bowl add 1 tbsp olive oil, balsamic, mustard, honey some salt and pepper and mix well to form the dressing. Keep aside.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked and turn slightly brown, season them with some salt and pepper. Turn the heat off and keep uncovered.
- Toast the sliced bread.
- Smear a generous amount of cream cheese on to the toasted bread.
- Spoon some mushrooms on it and drizzle the dressing on the crostinis.
- Garnish with chives and serve right away.
Other Bruschetta Recipes: