Brownies a la Mode Popsicle
One more popsicle recipe before the summers are over! This one is a take on an ice cream I like – brownies a la mode. This recipe is a hybrid of brownies a la mode and a dessert I make with brownie, ice cream, fresh berries and chocolate ganache. These pops are refreshing, creamy and full of summer flavors. The berries balance out the rich texture of cream and I love getting bits of brownies in the bites. I like how recipes like popsicles let you be so creative – seriously, pinterest is full of many amazing and creative popsicle recipes.
With your chocolate coating you can be as liberal and as scarce as you like. I smeared it on just one side but you can totally dip the whole bar into the melted chocolate or if you like less of it then just drizzle it with a spoon. I like sprinkling frozen raspberry bits on it but its optional, other than the way it make the pops look, I like the sour bursts that you get from it. If you like, you could also sprinkle some sea salt along with it, personally I am not a big fan of adding seas salt on top of any kind of dessert – but hey…this is your popsicle, you can do whatever you like 🙂
Serving 8 Popsicles
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 to 3 piece of brownie, crumbled roughly
1/4 cup strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup raspberries, sliced
1/4 raspberries, frozen whole
melted chocolate to spread
- In a blender place milk, cream and condensed milk. Whiz to blend completely.
- In a popsicle mold add some sliced strawberries, raspberries and some brownie crumbles.
- Pour the milk and cream mixture into the molds.
- Add some more strawberries, raspberries and brownie crumbles.
- Pop the lid, insert the candy stick and freeze overnight.
- Once the popsicles are frozen remove them from the mold and arrange on a tray.
- Place the frozen raspberries in a ziplock bag and using a rolling pin or a back of a bowl bash the raspberries to make raspberry bits.
- Spread melted chocolate on one side of the popsicle or dip the popsicles into melted chocolate to cover completely.
- Wile the chocolate is still warm sprinkle the raspberry bits and place the popsicles back in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, they are ready to eat!