ALRIGHT, so the football season has started and I am really missing Michigan around this time! Now, I did go to school in Ohio (not OSU though) but have way better memories from Ann Arbor than Columbus…my heart belongs to UofM, so I cheer for the wolverines!
We (husband & I) still have some cool stuff from the Michigan days like our football jerseys and the licence plate from our car in Ann Arbor – I plan on putting it up on the wall nicely one day. Bankim actually lived near the football stadium so during the tailgating season, being there used be a blast! Good Times!
I made these fudgy brownies for this tailgating season. Instead of making them the traditional way in a square pan, I baked them in a muffin tin. This did a few things to the brownies – the brownies stayed more moist and since they are individually wrapped its easy to carry them to the game or someones house. These are super easy to make, you can serve them as is or smear one of your favorite frosting. I used this one and it tasted really great. If you like caramel then you can also smear some thick caramel sauce instead and sprinkle some sea salt just before serving.
Serving 6 to 7 muffin size brownies
cooking time 15 minutes plus baking time
Things you will need:
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup regular sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp instant coffee powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup or 7 oz bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Prepare a muffin tray – line it with individual parchment paper/liner
- Melt chocolate in a bowl, keep aside till it cools down and reaches room temperature
- Mix together the flour and cocoa powder
- In a large bowl beat together butter and sugars till it becomes pale. Mix in eggs (one by one) and beat some more
- Add coffee, melted chocolate and vanilla extract to the egg mixture and mix using a wooden spoon
- Add the flour and cocoa and keep mixing till it forms a smooth batter
- Divide equally in the muffin tray and bake for about 30 minutes, turning the tray midway
- Cool completely and smear your favorite frosting on the brownies