Jamie Oliver’s Vegan Chocolate Pots
Looking for a healthier version of dessert for this valentine day? Then this is your answer!! I have made this mousse a few times already and its absolutely delicious. You cant taste the tofu one bit. Its important to use good quality chocolate in this recipe as that’s the flavor you get when you bite into it. Its gluten free and vegan and a healthy option for making dessert anytime – if you haven’t made this before, then I highly recommend you try it. You can find a video for this on youtube if you search the title. It is definitely my favorite Jamie Oliver recipe.
Serving for 4 people
400 grams silken tofu
1/2 cup 70% vegan dark chocolate
1/2 cup vegan semi sweet chocolate
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp water
- Place tofu in a food processor and whiz till it turns into a smooth puree. Scrape down the side and whiz some more till all the lumps disappear and you get a silky texture.
- In a double boiler – place both chocolates, water, sugar, cocoa and lemon zest and cook till the chocolate and sugar melts and forms a smooth mixture. Remove from heat and let cool till it reached room temperature.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the pureed tofu and blend till both things are combined flawlessly.
- Pour in individual cup and refrigerate (covered with a plastic wrap) for 3 to 4 hours.
- Garnish with some chocolate curls and dust with some cocoa. Serve chilled.