Have you ever tried entertaining during a weekday or even at the end of a busy week? I am sure we all have done that at some point in our lives. At times like these I have always looked for recipes that can be put together very quickly. Something that doesn’t involve too much prep or too many steps in cooking but still tastes great.
I developed these naan pizzette recipe keeping just that in mind and these are great for entertainment or for a quick snack on a busy weekday evening. You put a few store bought ingredients together and get this delicious tasting appetizer. These can be made with a normal size naan as well but I used these mini naans to make something that was perfect for entertaining!
Serving 4 pizzettes
4 mini naan
2 bocconcini, cut in quarters
3 to 4 roasted bell pepper, from the jar
4 tbsp arrabbiata sauce or any tomato base pasta sauce
handful of watercress or arugula
balsamic glaze to drizzle
olive oil to brush on naan
red pepper flakes (optional)
1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat the oven at 350 F. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Place the naan on baking tray and brush them lightly with olive oil.
- Spread 1 tbsp of arrabbiata on each naan.
- Add 2 pieces of bocconcini on each pizzette and place two sliced pieces of bell pepper on top.
- Sprinkle some oregano and red pepper flakes. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or till the cheese melts and the naan turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle some watercress leaves on each pizzette. Drizzle some balsamic glaze and serve.