Soba Noodle Bowl
Aren’t you glad that the temperature has gone up a little and its not freezing anymore in Vancouver? I certainly am and its so beautiful on sunny days! To celebrate this change here is a healthy miso & ginger soba noodle bowl that can be put together super quickly. Its a slightly warm noodle bowl so it feels nice to eat when its still a bit cold outside. This recipe is gluten free and vegan so can be enjoyed by all. I hope you’ll give it a try!
Enjoy the sunshine 🙂
Serving for 1 person
For the sauce
1 tbsp white miso
1 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp male syrup
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1 tsp sesame oil
Place all ingredients in a jar, close the lid and shake vigorously till all the ingredients are combined well.
1 portion soba noodles
50 grams enoki mushrooms, ends trimmed
1/2 medium size carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 cup watercress or kale (if using kale, tear it into bite size pieces)
1 tsp sesame seeds
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil on medium heat.
- Add soba noodles and cook till 90% done. I always eat one noodle to check if they are done.
- When the soba noodles are almost cooked, add mushrooms and carrots to the water and stir gently. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain the noodles, mushrooms and carrots in a colander and run through running tepid tap water for 20 to 30 seconds. Let the water drain completely.
- In a large mixing bowl add watercress and add the drained noodles. Pour over the sauce and toss gently to mix well – you want all the noodles and veggies to be covered in the sauce completely.
- Place noodles in a serving bowl, sprinkle with spring onions and sesame seeds. Serve.