Curried Winter Veggie Bowl
Warm Curry Spices
Healthy & Flavorful Bowl
Yes to all of the above! Clean eating habits is my mantra for 2017. Its easy and flavorful recipes like these that help me stick to my clean eating resolution. This bowl is full of dynamic flavors and textures and is quick and easy to put together. A wholesome meal that comes together in 30 minutes.
This recipe works great with winter vegetables which are sturdy and hold their shape upon roasting. This veggie bowl is on a weekly repeat in my kitchen and that’s a good sign of a great recipe!
Serving for 2 people
2 tbsp plain yogurt
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp water
Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix to form a lump free sauce.
For Veggie Bowl
1 small kabocha squash, cut into bite size pieces
1 fennel bulb, cut into thick-ish slices
1 parsnip, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
5 to 6 brussels sprouts, halved
5 kale leaves, torn into bite size pieces
1/2 cup quinoa
2 tbsp pistachio, roasted and roughly chopped
1 tbsp raisins
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven at 365 F. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Place all the veggies in a large mixing bowl. Add 2 tbsps of olive oil and all the spices. Mix well to coat all the veggies with spices and oil. Place the veggies on the tray in a single layer. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- In the same mixing bowl add kale leaves with 1 tbsp oil and massage well. Keep aside.
- Cook quinoa as per packaged direction and cool. Once cool, mix in raisins and chopped pistachio. Keep aside.
- Once the veggies are done remove from the oven and let them cool down slightly.
- In a bowl add a few spoonfuls of quinoa , place a few roasted vegetables (couple of each kind). Add a few massaged kale leaves on one side and drizzle generously with the tahini sauce. Add some pomegranate seeds on top (optional) and serve.